Under the condition that the conveyor belt
width and conveyor belt speed are certain, the load capacity of the driving wheel of the belt conveyor is mainly determined by the following factors:
(1) Belt conveyor driving wheel output side belt tension TO
(2) Friction coefficient between driving wheel of belt conveyor and inner side of belt UO
(3) Wrap Angle a between belt conveyor belt and driving wheel
The effective way to provide the load capacity of belt conveyor
(1) The belt conveyor increases the belt tension TO the side of the driving wheel
Increasing the belt tension on the output side of the driving wheel can provide the power transmission capacity of the belt conveyor, but increasing the belt tension will increase the working stress of the belt, the belt strength must also be provided, and the belt manufacturing cost will inevitably increase, so this is not the best method, generally not used in engineering.
(2) Belt conveyor increases the friction coefficient between the driving wheel and the inner side of the belt UO
Due to the exponential increasing relationship between the maximum traction force produced by the belt driving wheel and the friction coefficient UO, the friction coefficient between the driving wheel and the inner side of the belt can be increased very effectively to improve the load capacity of the belt conveyor, which is the most preferred method of engineering.
(3) The belt conveyor increases the wrapping Angle a between the belt and the driving wheel
There is also an exponential increasing relationship between the maximum traction force generated by the belt at the driving wheel and the package Angle a, so increasing the package Angle between the belt and the driving wheel can very effectively improve the load capacity of the belt conveyor system, which is also the preferred method for engineering. By using the tensioning wheel and designing the appropriate tensioning position and adjusting direction of the tensioning wheel, the belt wrapping Angle can be effectively increased, thus effectively increasing the driving friction force between the driving wheel and the belt quality safety monitoring. To increase the wrap Angle is to increase the contact area between the belt and the driving wheel. Usually, the gradual wrap Angle between the driving wheel and the belt should not be less than 120° in the design, and it can be increased to 210°~230° after the tensioning wheel adjustment.
In summary, the most effective way to improve the load capacity of the belt conveyor is:
(1) A large enough wrapping Angle should be designed between the belt and the driving wheel
(2) Improve the friction coefficient between the driving wheel and the inner surface of the belt as much as possible
Therefore, in the design of belt conveyor should pay special attention to ensure the belt and driving wheel between the envelope Angle, but also should improve the driving wheel and the inner surface of the belt friction coefficient as far as possible, usually can take the following measures to improve the driving wheel and belt surface friction coefficient:
(1) The surface of the driving wheel is designed and processed into a mesh surface, and hardened at the same time
(2) Changing the material pairing between the driving wheel and the belt parts, such as inlaying a layer of rubber on the outer surface of the driving wheel is also a very common treatment measure.