Cold adhesive conveyor belt
bonding joint failure common reasons analysis: cold vulcanized conveyor belt bonding is one of the best joint methods in the normal temperature environment, but because the impact of the environment is relatively large, the technical requirements are relatively high, the conveyor belt bonding novice often bonding failure, the following analysis of the causes of failure, only to correct the error, it may be better to do the conveyor belt joint.
First, the conveyor belt bonding is not strong, the joint lap is always separated.
1, the joint step distribution is not reasonable, sometimes the joint is too thick cause joint failure.
2. The joint length is too short, the joint strength cannot reach or the belt bonding direction is wrong.
3. The surface of the conveyor belt is not polished properly. The surface of the belt is not roughened to expose the body, or the woven fabric layer is damaged by grinding. Also use appropriate cleaning agent cleaning decontamination, air until fully dry. The lap surface shall be a dry and coarse-intact braided fabric body.
4. The lap joint is not handled properly, and the inclined table of the adhesive tape joint is not completely fitted, resulting in warping phenomenon.
5, the glue is not uniform. The edge seam is inadequately glued. Apply a short and hard brush on the fully dry adhesive surface three times in one direction evenly brush the adhesive, the adhesive layer should be even and not too thick.
6, after the glue is not fully dry to dry (that is, after volatilization of the solvent, to not adhere to the back of the fingers and have a sense of adhesion), resulting in the film inside the solvent is not fully volatilized, affecting the quality of bonding. In general, three times of gel is recommended.
7. After gluing, the joint surface is not protected, so that the adhesive film is polluted and loses activity, resulting in insufficient bonding strength. After bonding, repeated hammering and pressure were not carried out on the joint side seam.
8. The standing curing time is not enough. After the adhesion of the conveyor belt at room temperature static curing 2~4 hours, you can run. If conditions allow to extend the curing time, the optimal curing strength is achieved after 24 hours. Generally, the lower the temperature, the longer the standing curing time.
Ii. Cause analysis of bubbling of conveyor belt joint
1. The production of conveyor belt joints is unreasonable or the alignment of the lap surface is incorrect, resulting in air left between the adhesive films. After the two lap joints are made, they should be overlapped together, and their dimensional precision should be checked. There should be no gap between the steps, and the two step lap joints should be quasi-fit.
2, the thickness of the glue is not uniform, the thin glue layer is dry first, the thick solvent is not volatilized, and the initial adhesive strength is not formed, resulting in virtual adhesive.
3, after the adhesion of air hammering uneven, should be from the middle to the four sides of intensive hammering 2-3 times, exhaust the air between the lap surface.
Through the above analysis, I believe that my friends must find the cause of the failure of conveyor belt bonding, and correct it quickly in the future belt bonding work.