is applied to all walks of life because of its advantages of smooth operation and continuous capacity. The conveyor belt is an important component of the belt conveyor, which is the bearing part and traction part of the material. Conveyor belt bearing material section is called bearing section, return section is called no-load section. Common core materials are cotton canvas, nylon canvas, wire rope.
The bandwidth and speed of conveyor belt have important influence on the transport capacity of belt conveyor. This article shares how to choose the right bandwidth and speed.
Generally speaking, for a given belt speed, the conveying capacity of a belt conveyor increases with the increase of the conveyor belt width, but the width of a narrower conveyor belt may depend on the particle size of the material being transported. The conveyor belt must be wide enough so that large chunks of the lumpy and powdery mixture to be transported do not fit against the edge of the conveyor belt, and the internal dimensions of the feeding chute and the distance between the guide chutes must be sufficient to allow mixtures of various sizes to pass through without clogging.
Two, belt speed
The appropriate belt speed depends to a large extent on the nature of the material being transported, the required conveying capacity and the use of conveyor belt tension. Powdery materials should be transported at the lowest possible speed in order to reduce dust, especially in the feeding and unloading places. Brittle materials should also limit the speed of the conveyor belt. As the conveyor belt and the fragile material being transported jump on the roller, low belt speed is needed so that the brittle material will not be broken at the feeding point and unloading point. Heavy sharp edges and corners of the material should be transported at a medium speed, because the sharp edges and corners of the material may excessively wear the covering rubber layer of the conveyor belt, especially when the material along the conveyor belt running at ease with the loading speed is significantly lower than the conveyor belt speed.
For the choice of belt speed should consider the factors:
Bandwidth: The smaller the width of the tape, the more unstable the high-speed operation, and even prone to serious scattering phenomenon.
Fixed conveyor: installation quality is generally relatively high, preferably some high speed, semi-fixed and mobile conveyor speed is low. Horizontal or near horizontal conveying speed can be higher, the greater the Angle, the easier the material rolling or sliding, should take a lower speed.
Inclined belt conveyor: In comparison, the downward belt conveyor should have a lower speed, because the material is more likely to roll and slide on the belt. The larger the tonnage kilometers of the conveying capacity is, the greater the strength of the belt required. In order to reduce the strength of the belt, a higher speed is recommended.
Belt on the drum bending: loading impact and material impact caused by belt wear, so the short distance conveyor had better slow down. But in order to reduce belt tension, long distance conveyors often use high speed operation.
The belt conveyor can complete the throughput required by the system mainly depends on the bandwidth and belt speed. Belt speed has great influence on the bandwidth, self-weight, cost and working quality of belt conveyor. Under the condition of the same conveying capacity, you can choose the larger bandwidth and low band speed or small bandwidth and high band speed two schemes.
Consider the following factors when selecting the tape speed:
1. Characteristics and process requirements of conveying materials
(1) For materials with small wear and small particles, such as coal, grain, sand, etc., a higher speed (generally 2 ~ 4m/s) is suitable.
(2) For wear large, large, afraid of broken materials, such as large coal, large ore, coke and other suitable low speed (1.25 ~ 2m/s).
(3) For powdery materials or materials with a large amount of dust that are prone to dust, in order to avoid dust flying, low speed (≤1.0m/s) is suitable.
(4) Low speed (≤1.25m/s) is suitable for goods, easy rolling materials or places requiring higher environmental health conditions.
2, belt conveyor fabric and unloading method
(1) Higher belt speed can be selected for longer distance and horizontal belt conveyor.
(2) The belt conveyor with large dip Angle or short conveying distance, the belt speed should be properly reduced.
(3) When unloading by unloading trolley, because the actual dip Angle of the conveyor belt into the unloading trolley is large, the belt speed should not be too high, generally not more than 3.15m/s.
(4) When the plough type unloader is used for unloading, the belt speed should not exceed 2.8m/s due to additional resistance and wear.
(5) The belt speed of down-running belt conveyor with large dip Angle should not exceed 3.15m/s.