Polyurethane timing belt is a kind of toothed belt, which has double-sided toothed synchronous belt and single-sided toothed synchronous belt respectively, and is a kind of equipment component of meshing transmission. Since it is an equipment part that will be damaged, what are the factors that cause the damage of the polyurethane timing belt toothed synchronous belt?
1. The high vibration frequency of the machine causes the polyurethane timing belt to twitch quickly, which causes the timing belt to be severely sunburned and reduces its service life.
2. There are sundries, grease and other dirt on the polyurethane timing belt, so that the timing belt is attacked by chemical substances and destroys its material structure.
3. Insufficient tension of the polyurethane timing belt leads to insufficient friction, which causes the synchronous belt to slip, increases its wear and loses the ability to transmit loads, and the transmission instability makes the belt drive lose its effectiveness.
4. Too much tension of the polyurethane timing belt leads to too much tension, which causes serious deformation of the timing belt and reduces its service life.
5. The polyurethane timing belt is not aligned with the pulley, which causes the synchronous belt to slip, twist, and internal heat and wear, which greatly reduces its service life.
6. Too long idle time of polyurethane timing belt leads to aging, which reduces the service life of the synchronous belt and causes it to deform.
7. The unequal length of a row of polyurethane timing belts leads to different tensions at each place, which causes the synchronous belt to slip, the tension is too small or the tension is too large, causing it to wear.
Finally, the maintenance of polyurethane timing belt is also very important. First of all, the degree of stretch of the timing belt must be checked regularly. If excessive stretch is found, the strap should be replaced immediately. Secondly, pay attention to keep the surface of the pulley smooth and clean to reduce the deposition of foreign particles. For timing belts that have been used for a long time, it is recommended to replace them to avoid excessive wear and damage.
To sum up, there are many reasons for the damage of polyurethane timing belts, which require us to pay attention to details and maintain them. Only by doing this can the service life of the synchronous belt be extended and the production efficiency and quality improved.