conveyor is a commonly used transportation equipment. Because the conveyor belt runs at high speed or under harsh working environment for a long time, it is easy to cause surface defects or even fractures. Therefore, it is particularly important to replace the seriously damaged conveyor belt regularly. In the process of replacing the conveyor belt, we need to rejoint the conveyor belt. There are three commonly used conveyor belt joint methods: conveyor belt buckle joint method, cold adhesive joint method and hot vulcanized joint method.
First, conveyor belt buckle joint method
Conveyor belt buckle joint method is to use the conveyor belt buckle to connect the conveyor belt.
This method is generally suitable for small conveyor belt conveying equipment, has the characteristics of economic benefits, simple operation, fast replacement speed and so on.
The operation steps of conveyor belt buckle joint are as follows:
1. Adjust the length of the conveyor belt buckle to about 5cm narrower than the conveyor belt, fix the conveyor belt buckle on the lower template, and wear the positioning pin.
2. Embed the conveyor belt into the conveyor belt buckle until the front section meets the bottom, and the conveyor belt and the conveyor belt buckle should be symmetrical from left to right.
3. When napping, first nail a buckle in the center position, and then nail the buckle near the two edges of the conveyor belt, that is, first position the conveyor belt, and then bind it from the middle position to the left and right sides. When binding each conveyor belt buckle, ensure that the bottom surface of the hand-held upper die contact the upper surface of the buckle body. First, tap the punch to make the buckle plate contact the conveyor belt, and then hit the punch hard to nail into the buckle, which will automatically bend after penetrating the conveyor belt.
Conclusion: Although the conveyor belt buckle joint method is simple to operate, it is easy to be damaged, and even affects the service life of the conveying equipment. It has certain limitations.
Two, conveyor belt cold adhesive joint method
Cold adhesive joint method is to bond the conveyor belt through cold vulcanized adhesive, so that the conveyor belt forms a whole.
This method is suitable for medium conveyor belt conveying equipment, and has the characteristics of wide application, convenient operation and higher joint strength.
Specifications and steps for making cold adhesive joints of conveyor belt:
1. Preparation for construction
Before cold bonding of conveyor belt, necessary tools should be prepared: cold curing adhesive SK313, cleaning agent SK353, RIT repair strip, wallpaper knife, ruler, Angle grinder, tungsten steel polishing dish, hair dryer, gasoline, oil resistant gloves, glue brush, etc.
Cold bonding has high requirements on the external environment, and the weather temperature and humidity should be moderate to prevent the influence of rain and dew and dust. Before operation, a simple tent should be set up, the operation platform should be placed, the conveyor belt should be fixed, and the joint should be set aside. Pay attention to the front and back of the joint.
2. Joint length
Flat joint length: L= (Z-1) ×b+50;
Inclined joint length: L= (Z-1) ×b+50+B×tg30
Note: Z: number of canvas layers of conveyor belt, b: length of lap, B: width of conveyor belt, 50: length of covering glue lap
3. Marking and cutting
Pay attention to the running direction of the conveyor belt and the direction of the inclined plane of the joint. According to the width of the conveyor belt, cut the incision into a straight edge or a 30 degree bevel with the conveyor belt side belt, and cut off the excess part according to the marking operation.
4. Polish and clean the joint
Angle grinder and tungsten steel polishing plate were used to polish the conveyor belt, and all the original glue on the conveyor belt was polished to expose the belt core, and the sundries were blown away with a hair dryer. The polished bonded surface was cleaned and dried with cleaning agent SK353.
5, paste forming and maintenance
Brush cold vulcanized adhesive SK313 on the bonding part, and the two bonding surfaces should be brushed with adhesive at the same time. After the first brush, wait for drying, and then brush the second time, and bake with iodine tungsten lamp until the hands do not stick, you can paste. Press down with special tools. After the connector is finished, it cannot be used immediately and must be left standing for more than 4h.
Summary: the construction technology of cold bonding method is difficult to master, Very much influenced by the external environment, the use of different cold curing adhesives bonding effect is not the same, and it is not suitable for the transport equipment with humidity and temperature requirements.